Introduction to DBT:
Philosophy & Fundamentals
Professional Workshop Details
Facilitator: Clerissa Cooper, LPC
Dates: Saturday, May 22, 2021
Location: Live Online Workshop - Zoom
Check-In: 9:15 AM to 9:30 AM
Presentation: 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Lunch on Your Own: 12:45 PM to 1:15 PM
Tiered Fees: Please pay at the level you can afford. Sliding Up will provide support for colleagues with less financial means.
Base Rate - $170
Slide Down - $155, $135, $115
Slide Up - $185, $205, $225
This workshop provides an understanding of the fundamental philosophy and communication strategies of DBT. Workshop attendees will learn the modes of comprehensive DBT, underlying assumptions and dialectical philosophy, the biosocial model of pervasive emotional dysregulation, communication strategies, and applications of DBT skills modules.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the 5 modes of comprehensive DBT and their functions.
- Understand the theoretical assumptions and dialectical philosophy as they apply to clients, therapists’, and the treatment modality.
- Explain the biosocial model of BPD/pervasive emotion dysregulation.
- Describe the goals of the DBT skills modules (i.e., mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation, and distress tolerance).
- Learn and practice stylistic communication strategies (i.e., reciprocal/validation and irreverent) and dialectical strategies.
Continuing Education Hours
6 Core Hours for Professional Counselors (LPCA CE Approval #2020-06-22-042MLW)
6 Related Hours for Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists
Registration for Saturday, May 22, 2021 Workshop